Monday, October 20, 2008

We made it!!!

The flight was... long. Sheldon did a little chant before getting on the plane about "no screaming babies" and I thought that was an odd thing to say given our mission but whatever, I just let him mumble a bit. His little mantra worked though cause there were no screaming babies in our section. There was however a Mrs Potato behind him that grabbed his seat every ten minutes throughout the entire flight and shook it for whatever reason. Europeans are very... different. Yvette, I was waiting in line to get my money exchanged and a lady came up behind me and tried to push me out of the way a few times and when that did not work she just crowded me... how well do you think that went over? I almost knocked her down with my backpack. Sheldon got a chuckle out of that. When we got our bags (with no problem) and got our passport stamped (for the first time ever!) we walked out of baggage claim and saw a dude holding a sign that said "Veronica Jones" so we went with him and he zipped (and I mean zipped) us through the streets of Praha to our hotel. So now we are showered but hungry. Tomorrow we are going on tours of the city to see castles and crystal and bridges and beer breweries. Ta-ta for now!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you made it okay, have fun today ! I Can't wait for your next entry!!

Anonymous said...

Have a great time! Keep me informed. Love you two!

Anonymous said...

Take pictures and don't lose my camera! Glad you made it in one piece. Don't be afraid to shoulder check old European ladies! The kids are good. I took the big dogs to the park for a walk and Gage pretty much pulled me around the whole trail. He wanted off the leash so bad but I couldn't let him. Maybe we'll go to the other dog park tomorrow. Well have fun! Talk to you soon! xoxo B p.s. Don't leave Sheldon in Slavakia!

Mr. Daryll said...

Ok, you have to read what I wrote about coming home and then you leaving. I'm still laughing, and I'm not even that funny.