Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Jet Lag--by Sheldon

First, for those of you that get "Road Rage", just be glad that you aren't driving over here. Just on the ride from the airport, our taxi driver had cut off multiple people and forced his way in several times. Tail-gaiting is a must if you are going to drive here.

The first day was spent sleeping for a few hours, after our walk around our area. We both found ourselves getting grumpy during the walk. Darryl was right, you do have to pay to use a public "Water Closet" (toilet in case you didn't know). Do to this fact, I had a delightful race back to the room that includes a whole lotta steps. Sorry no elevator. The place is beautiful. Prague, or as it is written here Praha, is a tourist town and we have noticed that we have to watch out for price gouging. In Brno, which is a college town, I expect things to be a little cheaper. We just have to look at the cost on the menu before we go inside. <- Not a fun story and I don't think Veronica wants me to tell it. I'll have to wait to tell that one.

Today we plan to go on a tour of the city and will update you after. Having fun in Praha!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad to see you guys are having a great time so far and your adventure has only just begun! I am really happy to see you posted a blog on here also. It's nice to hear your thoughts and feelings on things too! Love you so much and wish you guys the greatest adventure ever!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're having an interesting trip so far. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

I would love to drive around town with those people! Rubbin's racin'! Can't wait to hear the story you're not supposed to tell. Those are always the funnest! Miss ya'll and now I miss your dogs cause they have been taken from me to hang with the cows.