Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Passionate Kisses from Vienna

Hell Yeah! Can I get a Whooo Hooo? Let's go again! We powered into Vienna via train and commandoed our way from sight to sight. When we first got there some guy at the train station (bahnhof... yeah, I got to speak a little German)info booth told us to take the Tram, the light rail system, to the city center and we totally would have done it too, if it had not been for the sprawling gardens of the Belvedere Palace right in front of our noses. We got over loaded on Art and History at our first stop, Monet, Renoir, Schiele, Klimt... I got my nose inches from The Kiss! The Kiss! I accidentally touched the glass with my finger nail and got yelled at! Ha! I just didn't realize I was that close, I think I went cross-eyed looking at it. The majority of Gustav Klimt's work was there as well, save for the few pieces sold to dirty Americans a few years ago. Ah! The highlight of my day happened at 11 AM, but the rest of the day was not bad either!

The weather held up very well and we able to walk to each major sight with no problem. If we had been able to spend more than one day there we might have invested in more knowledge and tram passes but the way we did it got us to many of the sights we wanted to see and photograph. The city itself is overwhelming and requires more than an eight hour stay. But we got to see Stephansplatz Cathedral, the Hofburg Imperial Palace, the Natural History Museum Palace, the pedestrian walking mall (it had a huge Lois Vuitton store... I took a picture for you Brandee and Breanna) and countless other things that I am sure we did not realize we saw.

It was a good day. Our traveling companions (the Baby Making Gang) all decided to put Sheldon in charge of the map and he lead a good fight. It was a little quick paced but we did it and made it back to the train with no problems.

I would go back today... alas, I cannot. But maybe Salzberg next week?

~V

p.s. Our USB cord is MIA and we have no way to share pictures, maybe I remedy that later today... wait for it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you guys had an amazing time! I am jealous and can't wait to see those pictures!

danielvictorio said...

yea... echo... let's see some pics!

Anonymous said...

Whoo...hoo! I want to go!