Thursday, October 23, 2008

Shin splints

Yesterday was a work-out. Did I mention that all of Prague is up-hill?

In the morning we went to the Prague Castle and Cathedral. Man! Talk about wonderland! It was amazing. I was a little disappointed that we did not get to see any of the Residence but what we did see was very impressive, I mean, it is a Castle afterall. I have pictures but this computer I am on does not have an SD port, and I have to see which pictures came out because we were not allowed to use flash in the Cathedral, the best part.

Later in the day we got lost. We actually got lost on both sides of the river and ended up at the foot of Saint "Good King" Wenceslas, not where we wanted to be, though it was cool. We were looking for the Astronomical Clock. I wanted to be there by 5 pm but we finally got there at 5:20 ish, that is only annoying to me because I really wanted o see it in full daylight and when the damn thing did it's "thing" which is on the hour. So after walking all over Prague looking for it the last thing I was going to suggest was that we stand in front of it for 40+ minutes, I still don't know what it does. So we decided to head back, are you thinking "why so early?" Well we really had been walking for MILES, and even Sheldon was tired of walking and that is what he does for a living. But then get this... we got lost again. We ended up walking the long route all the way back, I could have cried. But the cool thing about getting lost was that we wandered off the beaten and over-priced tourist path. We ended up finding a quiet coffee shop, a farmer's market, the patron saint of Bohemia and in the end, a wonderful cafe to have a very moderately priced dinner. And with all that walking... we actually got some sleep.

On with the show! Our ride to Brno arrives in about an hour and a half. I am starting to get excited to start treatment. The daily shots are not so bad, I am getting used to them and Sheldon is getting used to the emotional out-bursts that follow. Tonight our coordinator is taking us out to dinner, I guess that is all for now. Ciao!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that you sent him to the torture chamber! I would kidnap the dogs back if they didn't have cattle to play with!