Friday, October 24, 2008

The sleep issue, thanks ma!

I should still be sleeping. My mother had terrible sleep issues and I am totally pissed that I have them too, I am lucky to string together three hours at a time. For the most part the anxiety about the trip and treatment is all but gone. So why am I not sleeping? It is Saturday morning for us, still Friday night for you all. The girls at Hunter's Pub are still sitting around smoking and joking, but mostly smoking. I can't wait to come home and have a steak. My stomach just growled thinking about it. Someone (KT) tell Tiff that I want to work the Thursday I get back November 6th. I miss my girls.
And, by the way, people, lets please not forget about the walk on November 8th in Centennial Park in Atlanta. We are merely simmering here (is it cause I am out of the country?) We need to bring this cause to a boil. This is our first Memorial walk for my Mom, gather up the team, put on the rally caps, GET YOUR GAME FACE ON. Thanks if you have already joined or donated. Oh, here is that link to get you there: https://www.kintera.org/faf/search/searchTeamPart.asp?ievent=271428&lis=1&kntae271428=8C77F465B2564F68B6C96D9D161B16BB&supId=0&team=2770034&cj=Y

In other news, we have no other news. Today will be our first day without a plan. As long as we make it to the free breakfast buffet we are good to go(breakfast is not in the budget because it is included in the hotel rate... plus the coffee is GREAT!) We did a lot of walking again yesterday and I wore the wrong shoes so my feet are a little mad at me. I did sleep for 3 whole hours though so maybe I will wander around again later this afternoon. I want to find a train schedule to plan our adventure to Vienna. I'd love to go to Salzburg as well and then possibly Germany in our last few days. Maybe that is why I am losing sleep! I know you guys don't feel sorry for me, I am on vacation after all! Anyway, we love hearing from everyone, my fabulouso Mom-in-law and rock-star Sis-in-law comment everyday and we love it. Let us know you are still out there, but we feel the love either way. ~V

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know why you can't seem to sleep...you still have a baby to make...when does that happen by the way? Wasn't sure if that was the middle of the trip, end or beginning of it. I just wanted to say how much I enjoy reading the blog everyday, it's one of the first things I check in the morning and I check it several times throughout the day just to see what's going on in the life of the Jones's. Love and miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

Sorry the last comment was from me

Mr. Daryll said...

Zoe says, "Gage lost the ball yesterday. Uncle Daniel's house is awesome! Cows are weird. Uncle Daryll has been here for the last two days convalescing from some mysterious illness."

Gage says, "Zoey is not behaving herself at all, and I've been a perfect little brown angel. Go Dawgs! I miss my Mama."

Anonymous said...

your dawgs are doing great... our dawgs are kicking some bengal tiger ass! i'll post the score here at the end of the 4th.

Anonymous said...

Sucks you can't sleep. I don't really have that problem. I will be sleeping shortly. Just sayin'. You know it's not nice of the kids to tattle on each other. I think one of the cows probably snagged the ball and Zoe is an angel!