Sunday, October 19, 2008

The morning of the day of our amazing trip.

I am up early. We are staying at my fabulous cousin Brandee's in Norcross because she allows dogs to spend the night here. The truth is, we allow her dogs to visit (sometimes as long as two months at a time) so she has to let our dogs visit. Even if our dogs are bigger than her kitchen. Sheldon is next to me on the couch, both of her dogs on him, asleep, and our dogs on the floor at his feet, jealous. Anyway, I came up to Atlanta on Friday with the dogs, I had to get out of our house, the excitement about the IVF trip was driving me crazy so I decided to make it start early. Sheldon came up from Columbus last night and on his way into town he picked Dar and Jonesy from the airport. Their international travels were bringing them back from three weeks in Italy. His travel blog is gonna make mine look so stupid but here it is: http://meandthemajor.wordpress.com/

For those of you who don't already know, Daryll is one of my brothers (who are twins) and he is simply the most amazing person. He took care of Mom while she was sick. That is no small statement but I can't really get into why Daryll is one of my most favorite people on the planet, he just is. He could be your favorite too, I don't mind sharing. I just really needed to see him before we left. So, last night, I set up camp at our uncle's house and lured select family members with some filipino food. It worked, we sat for a while and enjoyed Dar's homecoming with a little bit of wine. He shared his some stories of his Papal encounters in Rome and his Harley riding friend in Sorrento (that let him ride HER bike) and stories of Tom Cruise. Sheldon and Brandee made a lot of stupid jokes and we had a good time. I have a great loving family and their support is so important right now. Last night was just what I needed.

I may write again more later today, before our flight to Prague. Right now I have to get ready for church with Dad in Snellville. Our flight leaves at 7:30 PM and we fly through the night to get there. I need to re-pack everything because one of our suitcases is a little too heavy and I am not paying extra for it! Other than that we are ready. Really ready. Finding out if any of this was successful is more than a month away. But I am ready to do this. I am beyond the flurry of the initial excitement, the anxiety of planning and packing, the worry about the money, worry about the pets, worry about passports and medications. I have put so much work into this. I am ready to go.

One last note: My last big hurdle was yesterday when I had to give myself my first shot- EVER - it was not graceful or cute. Brandee got to witness what a mess I was, just a horrible babbling idiot! But I did it. Good thing I get to keep doing that every morning for the next few months. Yay!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

his blog doesn't make yours look stupid!

you just need to put pictures, music, and try to drink before you do any of it...oh wait. you can't drink.


yours is probably gonna look stupid. sorry.

Anonymous said...

So far I am loving this blog...I love that we still get to know what's going on with you guys while you are there....it would be great to here from my brother on this too! I know that won't happen though! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I am really looking forward to being a part of your amazing adventure. Relax and enjoy.

Anonymous said...

ok honestly, I gave up keeping up with the joneses, it's just too hard but for you I'll make an exception. thinking about you guys and sending massive postive thoughts. love k