Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Tomatoes and uphill battles

Why tomatoes and uphill battles? Both have me seeing red.

Mom bought the most beautiful red luggage for me years ago, it is huge. So, of course the biggest luggage I had is the one I packed for the trip. How was I supposed to know that I was not going to be able to lift anything over five pounds at the end of the trip? My research just did not take me that far. So tonight before dinner Sheldon got to pull the fifty pounder about a half a mile up a steep cobble stone road to the parking garage where the rental car is stored. I got to carry his jacket for moral support, I think I did a great job, with all of his huffing and puffing he forgot to thank me. I guess that is pay back for the daily shots that I endure every day that bruise my belly. I swear it looks like Tinkerbell beats me up every night, I have at least 7 bruises in various shades, ranging in sizes from dimes to silver dollars, scattered around my belly button. These are the painful post-procedure shots, different from the original ones that did not hurt very much. I get really anxious everyday when the time comes for it, like even now, it is nearly 8pm and I am already thinking of tomorrow's shot before we get on the plane. Ouch.

But at least we are on our way home, we have decided that this trip was about three days too long. In hindsight, we have done so much, we have had so much fun and accomplished our end of the deal. My only failure so far has been the tomato pledge from the first day. Most days I did great, one per meal was the goal. But a couple of days I was only able to have tomatoes twice. But the worst day by far was today. I have only had one tomato today. Boo! But at least I had it for breakfast. My first breakfast.

Speaking of Red, Happy voting today, btw. I cast my vote via absentee ballot a few weeks ago. It is very interesting to get the international news about the election. By the time we get home it will all be decided... tomorrow is a whole new scary day.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're coming home. Having 4 dogs in this house again is crazy!!!! They are glad to see each other. Anyway I was just wondering if you meant that you wanted your dogs at my house when you got home...you didn't really want me to bring them to the airport, right???? That would be madness!

Since I'll be asleep by the time you guys get going just leave me a message on here or Facebook. Well have a safe trip home! See you soon!

Also...when you get back we have a million things to do and I realize you're just getting back and everything but we have a jammed packed agenda for the next couple of weeks. We'll discuss soon!

Veronica Victorio Jones said...

your house is fine. we don't need Gage getting hit by a plane.

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm so glad your coming home! I've missed my bff!!!
Love ya!
Michelle

Unknown said...

My name is Shawn Pfeifer I was station they from 1993-1996. Great memories!!!
Does anyone remember the lady that worked in clothing in sales? Sweet lady

Unknown said...

Shawn6872@yahoo.com