Thursday, November 20, 2008

Looking for Plan B... the good kind of Plan B

So, it was negative. No baby. Let it sink in. And breathe...

We are fine, obviously we knew that in the world of IVF there are no guarantees. The hardest part of revealing the outcome is having to console all of you guys who have been so emotionally invested in our journey. Don't get me wrong, I know we brought it on ourselves by inviting cyberspace to the Czech Republic with us. Well, we really are fine, I know I am. Statistically, I know a second, or even third, try is the way to go. And that is still an option for us. But we have a few obstacles to maneuver, one being the Great Divide.

In February, Sheldon will be moving to Texas without me, his next deployment takes him to Iraq in the spring. My consolation prize is that I get to stay in this house with all of the pets where we are all comfortable. Ah! The life of an Army Wife!

For now we are just getting ready for the holidays, time to haul out the decorations and be festive. I guess we could dwell on all that seems dismal or we could just enjoy the time we have together and truly be Merry and in love. We have so much to be thankful for and we are taking the dogs to the beach for Thanksgiving, they deserve a vacation too!

Love, V

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that is a great idea...enjoy each other and be in love!

Anonymous said...

Nothing wrong with a plan B. Great to talk to you last night. Keep us all posted on the happenings.

Erika Archer said...

Taking the dogs to the beach for Tday sounds good.

Sorry to hear.

Michelle Mattera is passing through town tomorrow - we shall think of you!

Miss you.

Erika Archer said...

Dogs to the beach for Thanksgiving - now that sounds lovely.


Sorry to hear.

Michelle Mattera is passing through town tomorrow. It will be good to see her.

Miss you.

Ingle Nook said...

I am so sorry. Still praying for you guys. Enjoy your time together.

Sheldon Jones said...

Plan C is buy one on the "Black Market"

Anonymous said...

Leave it to Uncle Sheldon to come up with that plan C! Wow! Are you two enjoying the cold out there? It's like 76 degrees out here daily :) LOL!